Cardiac Red-Along KAL/CAL 2014
Hey, ladies & gents, welcome to our July 1st-September 30th KAL/CAL. For this three month period the focus of the KAL/CAL will be to knit and/or crochet using the color red in some significant way in your projects with cardiac awareness in mind. Each week you will be indoctrinated with some cardiac health “fun-facts”. Please do not consider the info given during the cardiac-along as a replacement to seeing your doctor if you think you may be having cardiac issues.
WIPs and FOs will both be eligible to be drawn for prizes. The way that you become eligible for prizes is to join the Ravelry group and post a picture in the Cardiac Red-Along Thread. Only one WIP picture per project per week and one FO picture per FO per week. If you already had a WIP picture earlier in the week for the project, you may still put up an FO picture for the same project if you finish it that week.
Project must not be finished prior to July 1st, although they do not have to be finished before September 30th.
Prizes will be posted as announced; at this time we have the following:
1) some gorgeous lace weight yarn donated by TheTurboknitter64
2) Knit Red
3) Crochet Red
4) Five fantastic pattern donations (one for each of five lucky winners) from SarahJaneDesigns: 1 copy of her E-books, ‘Cuffed’,’Hardware Heaven’ and ‘Lingonberry’ plus 2 patterns of choice from her shop.
5) Three awesome pattern donations (one for each of three lucky winners) from 10HoursorLess
6) A skein of lovely yarn from knittygirl of the Undead Yarn shop & podcast
7) Two yarny prizes of two skeins each from Beewing
If you want to share your images on instagram use #phnredkal. Thanks for the suggestion pauly81
Okay, now that the rules and the disclaimer are out there, let’s have fun and knit or crochet something RED!